Improve your profile without surgery or downtime
Not crazy about the double chin you inherited from grandma? Welcome to the club, as they say. However, just because a double chin is a common trait doesn’t mean you have to keep it!
Kybella® is a non-surgical injectable that is FDA approved to reduce a double chin. Kybella dissolves fat cells in the areas where it is injected, reducing fullness for an improved facial profile. Following treatment, patients experience noticeably less fat under the chin as well as a better-defined jawline that makes the whole face look slimmer and better proportioned.
*We provide Allé reward program*
How does the Double Chin Reduction work?
Since a double chin tends to be an inherited trait, diet and exercise are unlikely to significantly affect fat beneath the chin.
The active ingredient in Kybella®, deoxycholic acid, is a substance that your body already uses to break down fat in the digestive system. Kybella® contains optimal amounts of deoxycholic acid that begin to dissolve the fat cells when injected directly into the fat beneath the chin. This process begins immediately after treatment and continues as your body naturally eliminates the unwanted fat cells.
Depending on your needs, we may perform several injections during each treatment. The needle is very thin and most patients find any discomfort to be easily tolerated..
Why choose Absolute Face & Body Medspa for your Kybella treatments?
The face and neck are sensitive areas with intricate anatomy. It is essential to choose an experienced provider for any cosmetic injectable treatments, such as Kybella®. At Absolute Face & Body Medspa, Kybella injections are performed by one of our highly experienced certified physician assistants. Each of our providers has years of experience performing cosmetic injections for a variety of patients and are trained in the specific techniques for injecting Kybella. Their aesthetic training and knowledgeable approach help to ensure that your treatment is safe and your results optimal.
Benefits of Kybella® for double chin reduction
There are a few options doctors have to address a double chin. Here are a few reasons we recommend Kybella to many of our patients wishing to improve their profile:
- Treatments take only about 15 minutes with little or no downtime.
- Kybella® permanently eliminates treated fat cells, meaning fat will not accumulate in that area in the future.
- Kybella® is effective even for very small amounts of chin fat as well as more substantial fat deposits, meaning that you do not have to have a certain amount of fat to be a good candidate for treatment.
- Results are noticeable after the first treatment, with final results noticeable a few months after treatment.
- Kybella® can eliminate the need for chin liposuction surgery.
Am I a good candidate for Double Chin Reduction?
If you are in good general health and are bothered by excess fat beneath the chin, chances are you can benefit from Kybella®. Since Kybella® is primarily a fat reduction treatment and will not address significant skin laxity, the best candidates have reasonably good skin elasticity. If are concerned about loose or sagging skin on your neck or jowls, Ultherapy can be an excellent option to tighten these areas without surgery.
What possible side effects should I know about?
The most common side effects with Kybella® are temporary, mild to moderate swelling, redness and sensitivity at the injection site. Some patients experience a hard or lumpy texture for a short time after treatment; these effects typically dissipate over a week or two following treatment. Some other posibble side effects are:
- Nerve injury in the jaw (which can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness)
- Trouble swallowing
- Injection site problems including: bruising, hair loss, open sores (ulcers), damage and tissue cell-death (necrosis) around the injection site. Call your healthcare provider if you develop open sore or drainage from the treatment area.