Look refreshed, refined & naturally you
Frown lines, crow’s feet, lines etched across our forehead—these so-called “expression lines” are often the first signs of aging we notice, and they come with the frustrating side effect of making us look haggard, worried or, well, frustrated, even when we feel great!
Expertly performed injections can help soften these lines, quickly restoring a naturally refreshed appearance that reflects your true state of mind. With results that take just days to appear and can last up to 4 months, Botox is a popular, effective treatment for both men and women.
*We provide Allé reward program*
What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a natural purified protein; a medication that has been used to treat various disorders related to muscle hyperactivity and spasm.
BOTOX® Cosmetic injections are an effective treatment of facial lines and wrinkles; they work by relaxing the small muscles between the brow, in the forehead, and at the corners of the eyes.
How does Botox® work?
Lines and wrinkles are caused by overactive facial muscles. BOTOX Cosmetic works intramuscular, blocking the chemicals that cause facial muscles to contract, thereby relaxing them.
Is Botox® Right for Me?
Skin care should start before signs of damage are evident. Attention to your skin now can prevent years of aging later. A good routine of exfoliation, sunscreen and regular Botox can keep you looking young beyond your years. Even if wrinkles have set in, Botox® can improve your appearance and prevent the development of more.
What is the BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment like?
- It is a simple 10 minute treatment that consists of a few tiny injections.
- The treatments are not painful but have been compared to the sensation of a bug bite. Overall, the discomfort is minimal and temporary.
- Your treatment provider may or may not numb the areas to be injected with cold packs.
When will I see results from a Botox® treatment?
Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines that were treated continue to improve for up to 30 days. Individual results may vary.
How long will the results last?
The effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic can last up to four months.
How can I avoid bruising from Botox®?
- Stop taking aspirin, vitamin E, fish oil and NSAIDs at least 14 days before getting Botox
- Avoid alcohol 2-3 days before your appointment
- Exercise early so you are cooled off by the time of your appointment
- No bending, straining, heavy lifting or exercise immediately after treatment
- Use ice packs before and after your treatment
- Don’t massage injection sites
How long does Botox® last?
Visible results have been shown to last from 3-4 months. Your own results may vary. Be sure to talk to us about what you can expect and when to schedule your next appointment.
Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
Although the results are visible, Botox® will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you’ve “had work done” given treatment is performed by an experienced provider. The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
How much Botox® will I need?
The following chart gives an approximate range of the amount of Botox® needed to treat common concerns. You may require more or less Botox® than what’s listed here, but this is a good starting point to get a ballpark idea of the cost of Botox®.
What are the potential side effects of receiving BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- The most common side effects are headache, respiratory infection, flu syndrome, temporary eyelid droop, and nausea.
- Less frequently occurring (< 3%) adverse reactions include pain in the face, erythema at the injection site, and muscle weakness.
Additional information about BOTOX® Cosmetic:
Current evidence suggests that repeated injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic may ultimately lead to longer lasting results.
Recommendations after receiving BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments:
- No rigorous sports activities, hair appointments, facials, massage or any activities that require having your head down or laying down for at least 4-5 hours after treatment.
- Drinking alcohol immediately before or after BOTOX® Cosmetic injections is not advised. Alcohol can cause vasodilatation, which allows the migration of BOTOX® Cosmetic to other areas and may cause relaxation of unintended muscles.