A deep, intensive skin treatment focusing on the resurfacing and renewing of the epidermis. The use of glycolic acids will leave your skin as soft and clear as a newborns.
What is chemical peels?
Acid peeling is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin. For this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to separate and eventually peel off the top layers of skin while rejuvenating at the same time. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin, in addition to being more even in color. Acid peeling treatments minimize the visible signs of aging, smooths complexions, balances irregular skin tone, softens dry skin, promotes a healthy, youthful glow and helps relieve shaving problems. Today, with the public’s increasing interest in rejuvenating the skin and slowing the effects of the aging process, chemical peeling has emerged as an exciting supplement to a total skin care program. A thorough evaluation is imperative before embarking upon a chemical peel.
What can chemical peels accomplish?
- Chemical peeling is often used to treat fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth.
- Wrinkles caused by sun damage, aging and hereditary factors can often be reduced or even eliminated with this procedure.
- Irregular pigmentation of the skin, such as sunspots, age spots, liver spots, freckles, and blotchiness due to taking birth control pills may be improved with chemical peeling.
- Areas of sun-damaged skin, sun-induced elastics (rough, wrinkling of the skin that often has a yellowish cast) and spots of precancerous keratoses may improve after chemical peeling. Following treatment, new lesions or patches are less likely to appear.
- It’s also a great treatment for elderly clients who have extremely flaccid, fragile skin that cannot tolerate the pressure from microdermabrasion.
- This peel gives you a greater rate of cell renewal which in turns, aids in creating firmer, and thicker skin.
- It is an excellent aid in balancing dry skin because it has superb water binding properties. A peel can be done on the entire face or just specific areas.
Can chemical peels help my face?
Acid peeling is one of the most effective substances to use in the treatments of many other skin conditions, such as:
- Acne I and II
- Dull Skin
What should be expected after the treatment?
Patients who have superficial acid peels can often return to work the same day of treatment with only a slight amount of pinkness.
Are there any pre and post chemical peels instructions?
24 hrs BEFORE and AFTER an Acid Peel you should not:
- Use any glycolic products, including RX Systems.
- Apply any Retin A or other topical acne treatments.
- Shave or wax areas to be peeled.
- Clients taking Accutane, or who have taken it within the past 6 months should not receive any exfoliating treatments.
- Expose yourself to the sun rays for a week before and after chemical peels.
- Exercising, swimming, or working out.
- Take hot showers.
- And lastly do not apply any make-up for 3 hours after your peel.
Who is a candidate?
If you have:
- Superficial wrinkles of the face, neck, upper chest, arms, etc.
- Uneven pigmentation problems.
- Enlarged facial pores.
- Acne Scaring.
A series of treatment’s provides best results for evening skin tone, clearing imperfections and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.